The foods that you are going to eat during the HCG diet must be on the food list. These are the foods that are carefully chosen to help you not just in weight loss but also in maintaining a healthy body. These food choices are also helpful with the cut down of your intake of calories. It is because the foods during the HCG diet are low in calories and rich in needed nutrients for your body. The HCG diet food choices also help in burning body fats.
Faster weight loss is reachable when you consume the exact amount of calories allowed during the HCG diet. HCG diet has proven strategies that work in cutting your belly fats. It does not only target your belly fats. It also targets the fats in your body that are not reached by your previous weight loss program. The cutting of calories is accompanied by loading on healthy foods. You have to let go of your unhealthy food choices for you to reach your weight loss goal.
You will be adopting new food choices such as organic products or foods that have single-ingredient. The foods allowed during the HCG diet will give your body a break from constantly receiving harmful food chemicals. These harmful food chemicals usually come from your unhealthy loading. The food choices during the HCG diet are classified into 3 categories. You can have fresh vegetables, fruits, and lean meat. However, there are only chosen food choices because you have to be careful with your intake of calories. Below are sample food choices for the HCG diet.
THE MEAT AND PROTEIN CHOICES FOR HCG DIET
- Chicken breast- This is one of the most famous meat choices that most of the dieter is using. Chicken breast has a high level of protein. You can chicken breast on your meal in all phases of your HCG diet.
- Cheese- This is only allowed during phase 1 or after the VLCD. Choose the cheese that is low in fat such as cottage cheese. It is loaded with calcium that helps in maintaining bone health during your HCG diet.
- Lean beef meat– This kind of meat is usually used for a steak day. It is also loaded with a high protein content that helps in curbing hunger and cravings. You have to weigh it and take off the visible fats before cooking it.
- Tuna- It is rich in omega-3 fatty acid that maintains cardiovascular health. Tuna is a good protein option instead of having meat. It is loaded with good fats and proteins that maintain your weight loss. Tuna is mostly allowed during your loading phase.
- Shrimp– This seafood is low in calories which are safe for your VLCD. It has various nutrients and is also high in omega-3 fatty acids. However, you cannot serve fried shrimps or any fried meat during the HCG diet.
THE VEGETABLE CHOICE FOR THE HCG DIET
- Cucumber- It helps in boosting your weight loss and contains antioxidants. This is also good in promoting hydration and stabilizing blood sugar levels. You can also have cucumber salad as an easy to grab a snack during the HCG diet.
- Beans- This is rich in proteins that help you curb cravings and hunger. You can introduce slowly this food choice after the very low-calorie diet. Beans are also an excellent source of fiber that aids in overall weight loss. This is also better for heart health and lowers your risk of having cancer. You can have this during your weight loss maintenance.
- Broccoli- This will help in burning carbs and gives you lasting energy. This is also a good source of folate, vitamins C and K. Broccoli also helps in forming body tissues and bone. It protects your body from the damages of free radicals during the HCG diet.
- Cabbage- It curbs hunger or cravings this is also used as a substitute for your unhealthy snack. Cabbages are rich in compounds that produce insulin. It lowers blood cholesterol levels and it also improves digestion. Keep in mind that you are not allowed to mix vegetables in one serving.
- Spinach- This is good in strengthening your bones and fights against injuries. It is also known to have properties that fight against cancer. Spinach helps in lowering blood sugar levels and also maintains proper blood pressure. You can also make a smoothie out of spinach. This is natural and organic food for better weight loss.
- Celery- Celery has low calories and rich in vitamins and minerals. It has properties that cure bloating and also improves proper digestion. You can add celery in cooking broth such as chicken breast broth or lean beef meat.
THE FRUIT CHOICES FOR THE HCG DIET
- Apple- It is also helpful in lowering the risk of hypertension, heart diseases, and diabetes. Apple is also using for correction days or in correcting weight loss stall. You can have one apple fruit for your HCG snack.
- Lemon– It promotes your hydration and supports your HCG diet and it aids in your digestion process. Lemon is known to be a cleanser. It is responsible for cleaning your kidney and prevents kidney stones.
- Strawberry – Strawberries have antioxidants and antimicrobial effects and support heart health. Strawberries help manage your weight during the HCG diet.
- Grapefruit and orange- This is rich in lycopene that can fight against cancer. This is also able to help in lowering your cholesterol level. Grapefruit is rich in vitamin C which helps in burning fats. Orange also prevents your body from getting obese because it is low in glycemic index. This also controls your blood sugar levels
- Blackberries– It is packed with vitamin C and high in manganese. Blackberries are responsible for boosting your brain health. It also has properties that boost your mood and alleviate high stress levels. These are also high in fiber that is helpful during metabolism.
- Apricots- These are low in calories and it is very hydrating. Apricots maintain your gut and eye health. These are also high in potassium. You can enjoy apricots during Phase 3 of the HCG diet.