Strenuous exercise can impact your weight and overall health. The concept of calories in equal calories out is not advisable on the HCG diet. When you eat 500 calories during Phase 2 of the HCG diet, it does not mean that you have to burn them off throughout the day. Sweating it out during strenuous workouts to burn off the calories from your food indulgences is a waste of time. It does not make any changes to your weight.
The HCG diet does not require gym exercise and other physical activity that can consume your calories. Avoid giving yourself a hard time because it does not help in weight loss. When incorporating an exercise routine, avoid overtraining because it affects your health and diet. Strenuous exercise can cause a vicious cycle of gaining body fat and craving carbohydrates. It can affect your progress on the HCG diet.
The Effects of Overtraining during the HCG Diet
- Muscle soreness. It can cause discomfort and reduce your productivity during the day. Avoid overtraining on strenuous activities as it affects your muscle mass during the HCG Diet. Overtraining also increases your risks of having injuries and slow recovery. Increase your protein intake to maintain muscle mass when you add an exercise routine during the HCG Diet.
- Fatigue. Strenuous activities require energy. When you are eating low calories, exercising can cause fatigue. It triggers cravings and other weight-loss pitfalls. Fatigue simulates your appetite for carbs, sugar, and other unhealthy treats.
- Mood swings. Strenuous activities affect your energy levels and mood. It can cause emotional stress. Avoid overtraining to prevent tension, depression, confusion, and fatigue. Mos swings can also trigger overeating during the HCG diet.
- Hormonal imbalance. It can be far-reaching to hormonal imbalances. Continuous stress due to strenuous activities affects your body’s response to your lifestyle. It can cause high blood sugar and reduces your metabolic rate. Stress hormones can also lead to miscommunication between the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus. It affects the menstrual cycle and interferes with your reproductive hormones.
- Insomnia. Strenuous activities affect your brain alertness and, it can cause trouble in sleeping. When you exercise in combination with dietary changes, it can stop your progress. It affects your strength, mindfulness and can cause burnout feelings. Insomnia is debilitating as it prevents muscle recovery. It can also cause fatigue and interferes with your HCG Diet.
When you incorporate an exercise routine, keep your activities low-intensity. After working out, ensure to hydrate and eat healthy foods. Allow your body to recover by taking a rest and eat some nutritious foods. You can also get a regular massage but avoid applying an essential oil to your skin because it can affect your progress.
The HCG Diet can help you lose weight regardless if you will incorporate an exercise routine or not. You can achieve your weight loss goal by administering the HCG every day and avoiding processed foods. Before you exercise, ensure that you are not hungry to avoid losing energy. Drink a cup of unsweetened tea or coffee in the morning before you go out for physical activities.