When you focus on the outcome results of your diet, you are more likely to overlook things that can affect your process. Instead of focusing on the results, ensure that you pay attention to your habits. Some innocuous habits and conditions can interfere with your weight loss. To avoid regressing your weight loss efforts, change your lifestyle during the HCG diet.
The HCG is straightforward in dealing with body fats. But, t can work at its best when you couple it with VLCD and a healthy lifestyle. Ensure to consume healthy foods to keep your metabolic rate working. It prevents you from factors of slower weight loss. Assess your daily habits when your weight loss starts to slow down. Determine the triggers of stalls and gains to avoid them in the future.
Reasons why you are not losing weight on the HCG diet:
- You are skipping meals. Skipping meals does not help you lose weight. Skipping meals on the HCG diet is not advisable because it can cause nutritional deficiency. The VLCD of the HCG diet does not mean that you have to deprive yourself of eating. Eating meals plays a role during the HCG diet. It can help you kick-start your metabolic rate and maintain your energy. Ensure to include fiber and protein-rich foods throughout the HCG diet.
- Dehydration. Lack of water can increase the build-up of toxins in the body. It can also cause water retention and other problems. Water is essential during the HCG diet to release toxins and prevent fat deposition in the body. Drink a glass of water before mealtime to increase satiety and aids in the absorption of nutrients in the body.
- Medical condition. Talk to your doctor before starting the HCG diet to set limitations. Medical conditions can interfere with your weight loss. Allergies, diabetes, asthma, hypertension, and other illnesses require medications. Note that medicine may interfere with the mechanism of the HCG. Inform your doctor about your maintenance medicine to adjust the dosage of HCG for weight loss. You can also couple them with a healthy diet plan to improve your overall health.
- Insomnia. Sleeping improves the body’s response to your daily activities. Inadequate sleep can trigger hunger and leads to overeating. It is essential to have adequate time to sleep every day during the HCG diet. It helps your brain to determine when to signal hunger. A complete sleep can suppress your appetite and prevents your body from depositing extra calories. ensure that you get at least 8 hours of sleep every day to boost your metabolism and avoid energy loss.
- Inactive lifestyle. Strenuous exercise is not advisable on the HCG diet but, it does not mean you will wait for a miracle to work for you. Try to incorporate some light activities to improve your cardiovascular health. If you have a tight schedule at work, you can incorporate exercise into your routine. The act of walking in the parking lot or taking the stairs instead of the elevator is a physical activity. It staves off excess calories and boosts your metabolism.