The recipes you have during the HCG diet must not be dull. Be creative and explore your diet but, ensure you maintain the 500 calorie intake. There are lots of choices you can pick on your HCG diet. Avoid resorting to the same meal every day because it seems to deprive.
Ensure that you are enjoying tasty treats without adding too many calories to your diet. It is easy to stick on the VLCD when you are enjoying your meals that feeling dull. Prepare a satisfying treat at home to curb your cravings and prevent binge-eating.
There are several spices you can add to your recipe to make the flavor appealing. Nonetheless, you can add them in moderation during the VLCD. Opt for herbs and other organic treats to make your meal tasty. Avoid adding packed spices that contain starch because it leads to weight gain.
The List of Spices you Can Have during the HCG Diet
- Parsley. It is low in calories rich in vitamin C. Parsley boosts your immune system during the VLCD. It has vitamin A, B, C, and K that increases the detoxification in your body.
- Cilantro. It provides health benefits and reduces your risk of diabetes, heart disease, and hypertension. Cilantro is low in calories which makes it a better choice for the VLCD. It also assists the HCG in managing obesity and maintains your energy.
- Basil. It helps you lose weight by boosting your metabolic rate. Basil helps in burning excess calories from the foods you eat. It has an appealing smell when you add them to your food. Basil assists in digestion and converts food into fuel.
- Garlic. It boosts your energy levels and aids the HCG in burning excess calories. Garlic also improves your immune system and fights against free radicals. It is a typical appetite suppressant that prevents you from eating lots of food during Phase 2 of the HCG diet.
- Ginger. It helps in burning excess calories when you combine it with physical activities. Ginger has thermogenic properties that send heat into your body detoxifies your body. It releases toxins through your urine and sweat. Ginger can also increase your metabolic rate and boost digestion.
- Mint. It stimulates your digestive enzymes and prevents constipation and water retention during the HCG diet. It also assists the HCG in processing the nutrients from the food you eat. Mint can also increase your metabolic rate for faster weight loss.
- Rosemary. It has loads of antioxidants that increase the detoxification in your body. Rosemary can prevent the free radicals from damaging your blood sugar. It is a typical herb that avoids metabolic disorders during a very low-calorie diet.
- Sage. You can make tea out of sage leaves. It is anti-inflammatory and controls your blood sugar levels. Sage promotes your brain health and boosts your mood.
- Thyme. It alleviates flu-like symptoms and headaches during the HCG diet. When you drink thyme, it reduces the side effects of HCG during the early stage of the VLCD. Thyme can also suppress your appetite and increase your energy levels.