Protein is essential for a healthy diet. It is a building block of amino acids that helps in repairing muscles and bones. Eating protein-rich foods stabilizes your energy and overall health during the HCG diet. Here are some benefits of protein to your body during the HCG diet:
- It is a building block of muscle, bone, skin, and cartilage. It maintains growth and development during the fat-burning stage of the HCG diet.
- Protein builds and repairs tissue. It speeds up recovery and prevents muscle soreness when you exercise.
- Protein cal also oxygenates your body by boosting the flow of red blood cells. It maintains the nutritional needs of your body during the HCG diet.
- Protein can also improves digestion by making enzymes that maintain digestion. It also assists in making cells and producing body chemicals for overall health.
- Protein regulates your hormones and prevents imbalances in the body. Eating protein-rich foods during the HCG diet prevents weight gain during menstruation. It also alleviates symptoms of hormonal imbalances and PCOS.
How Much Protein Can You Eat on the HCG Diet?
The original protocol of the HCG diet permits at least 200 grams of protein per day during the VLCD. Keep your choices lean because fatty meats can cause weight gain. Protein boost satiety and preserves your muscle mass during the fat-burning phase. Ensure to weigh your protein choices and remove the visible fats before cooking. It will help you maintain the 500 calorie intake per day.
Protein choices for snacking during the HCG Diet:
- Boiled eggs. You can have them during the HCG diet but, during the VLCD, you cannot have boiled eggs every day. It is an advisable substitute when the typical choices are not available. During the VLCD, you can eat three hard-boiled egg whites and one whole hard-boiled egg with the yolk. It is a natural source of protein that improves satiety and contains loads of vitamin B.
- Cottage cheese. You can have 100 grams of cottage cheese during the VLCD if the permissible choices are not available. Cottage cheese contains vitamin B12 and protein that improves your weight loss. But, avoid eating cottage cheese in combination with unhealthy carbs. You can eat cottage cheese along with a handful of strawberries as your snack option.
- Protein shakes. Ensure to choose the non-starchy powder for your protein shake. Avoid buying powders that contain sugar because it can interfere with your weight loss. You can add some protein shakes to your vegetable smoothie but keep your calorie intake low.
- Roasted nuts. You can have them during the loading phase and after the VLCD. Eating nuts during the VLCD is not advisable because they can increase your calorie intake. But, you can eat them during the maintenance phase as a protein source. Nuts can boost satiety and prevents you from snacking on sweet treats.
Protein and fiber-rich food maintain a healthy weight loss during the HCG diet. Ensure that you eat fruits, vegetables, and lean meats every day during the HCG diet. Nonetheless, keep your calorie intake low while using HCG injections to prevent weight gain.