Protein is a macronutrient vital for weight loss. It makes up most of the components in your cell. Eating protein-rich foods provides essential amino acids in your body. It maintains your energy during the very low-calorie diet. Most of the calories you get during the process are from protein-rich foods. It includes the following items;
- Red meat
- Chicken breast
- Egg (Hard-boiled)
You can also get protein from:
- Brussel sprouts
Protein helps to repair the cells of your body. Growth and development slow down when you lack protein. During the HCG diet, protein is essential for your weight loss. Loading on protein is a component of the HCG diet.
What happens in your body when you are not getting enough protein in the HCG diet?
- Your bones become weak. Aside from calcium, protein is essential in maintaining healthy bones. Protein fuels the organs in your body to improve your skeletal health. Lack of protein puts you at risk of injuries.
- Tiredness. When you feel sluggish after a long sleep, it is a sign that you need protein. Having protein in your HCG meals gives you energy. Lack of protein causes fatigue and energy loss. Tiredness increases your stress levels. It leads to occurrences of cravings.
- Weak muscle mass. Protein is vital in building muscle mass when the HCG burns your fats. Lack of protein allows your body to break down muscle. It destroys your body composition. Lack of protein leads to storing of fats in parts of your body. Eating protein increases muscle mass. It improves the firmness of your muscle.
- Hunger. The most vital thing to avoid during the HCG diet is starvation. High-protein foods make your body feel satiety. Cravings are a sign that you need protein. To stay full, you need to eat protein-rich foods. Hunger leads to binge-eating when you prolong it.
- Lack of protein causes anxiety. Eating protein-rich foods improves the production of hormones in your body. It results in positive feelings and calmness. When you lack protein, it leads to mood swings. Protein boosts your brain function.
If you experience these symptoms, ensure to increase your protein intake. Monitor the foods that you consume and add more grams of protein. It will help you see some progress in your HCG diet.
Amount of protein you need during the HCG diet
Eat at least 200 grams of protein per day during the VLCD. Weigh them before cooking. Avoid simmering your foods in cooking oils. Eating protein prevents hunger during the second phase of the HCG diet. It reduces your appetite and maintains weight loss.
Can you eat tofu on phase two of the HCG diet?
Tofu is a known source of protein but, you cannot eat them on VLCD. Tofu has a high calorie that interferes with the mechanism of HCG. Tofu is permissible when you follow the vegetarian protocol. Ensure that you eat the lowest amount possible. Stope them when there is a fluctuation in your progress.