Craving is a powerful desire to eat a specific taste or food. It can overpower your will if you cannot control it. Indulging junk food and other unhealthy products triggers your cravings. It will not stop until you eat the specific foods that you want. Food cravings are intense. It comes from the reward center of your brain.
What causes food cravings?
Food cravings have lots of factors. The common causes are physical and mental state. It happens when you have no proper diet or when you lack sleep. Food craving is also a sign that you need more nutrients. When you indulge in unhealthy foods, there are rewarding feelings inside. It hijacks your brain chemistry. It is the reason why cravings are powerful that comes very often.
During the HCG diet, you cannot eat foods that are fatty, salty, and sugary. Doing so can make your weight loss difficult. It will take you longer to be in VLCD than what is the usual duration. Takedown cravings before starting the HCG diet. It will help you avoid the pitfalls in reaching your weight loss goal.
Five tips in taking down cravings on the HCG diet
- Identify the trigger. What makes you crave? Assess the specific foods that trigger your cravings. Make a plan ahead of time to avoid digging into the foods that cause binge eating. The common triggers of hunger are fried foods, chips, chocolates, and pastries. Ensure to have healthy options on your storage to avoid cravings. Go for organic and whole products as much as possible.
- Deal with stress. A high stress level causes an intense desire to eat foods. Keep your stress levels down for fewer cravings and better health during the HCG diet. You can meditate or go to a silent place if your stress level is rising. Do a positive action to mitigate stress without involving foods. You can also try yoga.
- Clear your home from junk foods. When junk foods are visible in your house, chances are you’re going to eat them at some point. Make your home a junk-food-free zone to avoid massive hunger. You can take down cravings when you stop eating processed foods. Find something else to keep you busy instead of eating whenever you want.
- Eat healthy foods. During the HCG diet, you can part the 500 calorie meal into five servings. Eat healthy meals on lunch and dinner. See to it that your snack foods are healthy. Fruits and vegetables are satisfying foods that keep your satiety. Do not forget to drink lots of water to stave off hunger.
- Avoid prolonging your hunger. Prolonged cravings will make you binge on your next meal. Choose the right foods when you eat meats, fruits, and vegetables. Eat at the right time and in the right place. Avoid doing other things that divide your focus when you eat.
Take a walk around to shift your attention instead of listening to your cravings. Avoid entertaining your intense desire to eat foods as it can cause stress. The best thing you can do is to maintain the dose of HCG shots.