Hunger is one of the reasons why your weight loss is held back. Keeping off hunger can help you lose weight quickly. Learn to sort the causes of hunger. You need to control your stress, emotions, and cravings because it triggers hunger. It is easy to control hunger once you recognize its symptoms. A whole day hunger is not physical hunger. It is a response of your body to stress. No one is hungry all day or all night.
The real causes of hunger
- Skipping your meals- This will lead to loss of control. Skipping your meals makes you eat more on your next meal. The main cause of this is prolonged hunger. Eat your meal regularly to keep track of your calorie intake. Your meals are important even during the VLCD.
- Eating carbs- Avoid rice, donuts, bread, pasta, and other sources of carbs. Too many carbs can raise your blood sugar. Once your blood sugar spikes up, your body tends to deposit fats in your fat stores.
- You eat nothing- When you eat nothing your body will go to starvation mode. This will make you feel hunger pains. This habit can cause nutritional deficiency and stops you from losing weight.
What are the common triggers of cravings?
Stress is one of the factors or causes of cravings. This happens especially if you are used to dealing with stress through eating. Start to create some stress coping activities that do not involve food. Avoid being reactive to external clues such as the smell of foods. Stay out from the surrounding of unhealthy food choices. Do not entertain your thoughts to avoid cravings.
How to reduce hunger during Phase 2 of the HCG diet?
- Maintain your HCG shot. The HCG will curb your hunger and suppress your appetite.
- Avoid the things that trigger hunger. Do not think about the taste, smell, and flavor of the foods.
- Avoid intense activities every day. You only have limited energy during the VLCD. Do not use your extra energy for intense activities such as heavy workouts.
- Be watchful about what you pick from your food storage. Only eat the foods allowed during the HCG diet.
- Prepare your meals ahead of time. Do not prepare your meals at the last minute because it can prolong your hunger. Make sure that you already have prepared something to eat for your next meal.
- Stay hydrated at all times. Water promotes a feeling of fullness. It curbs hunger during the VLCD. Thus, flush out food chemicals that trigger hunger and cravings.
The difference between hunger and cravings
Hunger and cravings are often misunderstood. It is important to know that hunger is different from cravings. Hunger is a signal of your body that you need foods. Cravings on the other hand come from strong emotions. This is a demand for your thoughts to find comfort in foods. Cravings need specific foods and it can occur even when you are not hungry. It also occurs even you just finish a big meal.