The second phase of the HCG diet does not allow you to eat breakfast. Solid foods are permissible during lunch and dinner. For your breakfast, you can have a cup of tea or coffee. Avoid grabbing your favorite donuts, bagels, or bread and milk to prevent weight gain.
If you are a morning person or a breakfast eater, you can split your fruit sizes to have something for breakfast. You can also eat the Grissini and breadsticks and ensure you drink lots of water. Avoid foods that can trigger your hunger as you need to wait for lunch to eat foods.
What if you Get Hungry in the Morning on the HCG Diet?
The occurrences of starvation on the HCG diet are typical in the starting days of Phase 2. Starvation occurs as it is adjusting to your new calorie intake. It is nothing to worry about because it will be gone when the HCG spreads in your system. When you follow the 800 calorie protocol of the HCG diet, you can eat 50 grams of protein for breakfast. Split your meals to prevent hunger.
Your menu will look like this when you split your 500 calorie meal:
- 7:00 am, you can drink a cup or two of black coffee. You can add stevia and a tablespoon of milk.
- 10:00 am Eat a medium-sized apple, one Grissini or breadsticks.
- Noon, prepare a hundred grams of lean meat and a bowl of vegetables.
- 3:00 pm eat one orange and one breadstick.
- 6:00 pm prepare a hundred grams of lean steak and spinach. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice to improve the taste.
How to Curb your Hunger during the HCG Diet?
- Take your HCG shots. As soon as you get up from bed, weigh yourself and take your HCG injections. It is responsible for suppressing your appetite and curbs your hunger. Ensure you take your injections before you dig into your tight schedules.
- Stay hydrated. Water increases your satiety during the VLCD. It flushes out chemicals that trigger starvation. On the HCG diet, you need to drink at least two liters of water per day.
- Reduce stress. Avoid emotional tension and a stressful environment when you are taking your HCG injections. A high-stress level can increase your risk of natural weight gain. It also triggers the body to produce stress hormones and starvation. Avoid stress by meditating or improving your sleep.
- Get enough sleep. It relaxes your mind and body so that you can focus on your weight loss. Proper sleep can curb hunger and improve your metabolic rate. Manage your schedules at night and ensure you have a place to sleep.
- Manage your attention. Shift your focus on other stuff than thinking of what to eat and entertaining your cravings. Go to your room and read some books or watch some movies to alter your attention.
When starvation persists for a week or two, inform your doctor. You can change your dosage level to give way to rapid fat burning. Keep a record of your progress on your diet journal.