The HCG diet could help you lose pounds and shift to your healthy body in no time. It is because of how the diet hormone works in your body fats without compromising your health. The weight loss plan combines the effort of the VLCD and HCG injections.
During the second phase of the HCG diet, you will introduce new food choices. It only means that you will avoid all your unhealthy food indulgences for the rest of your journey. The VLCD is intimidating at first but, the HCG will allow your body to regulate.
The food choices during the VLCD are few in calories but rich in nutrients and vitamins. Your body uses healthy calories for functioning and cleansing from food chemicals. Ensure that you get proper portions from the allowable food groups on the HCG diet.
Allowable Vegetables on the HCG Diet
- Cabbage, lettuce, celery, and spinach
- Broccoli, cauliflower, and asparagus
- Tomatoes, onions, Fennel, and cucumber
- Chicory, chard, and beet greens
- Zucchini, bell peppers, and carrots
Let us talk about vegetables and their benefits to the body.
Vegetables are healthy regardless if you are on a diet or not. It balances your health and allows growth in your tissues. What about the HCG diet? Eating vegetables on the HCG diet increases your satiety during the VLCD.
Avoid starchy vegetables because they are high in calories and may not work well on the VLCD. Opt for fresh and organic products in your local farmers’ market to avoid GMOs and other chemicals. Stick to the 500 calorie allocation and maintain your HCG shots at the same time each day.
Benefits of vegetables on the HCG diet are:
- It contains essential minerals and vitamins that protect your immune system during the fat-burning phase of the HCG diet.
- Vegetables help in staving off excess calories and burn belly fat. Most of the approved-vegetable on the HCG diet helps in detoxifying your body from food toxins.
- Eating vegetables on the HCG diet does not only help in weight loss but also maintaining a healthy and long life.
- Vegetables work well with the VLCD as they are low in fats and sugar. They can speed up the weight loss process.
- They are rich in insoluble fiber that holds your satiety longer and prevents the occurrence of hunger.
- Vegetables increase blood circulation and aid the HCG in clearing the blockage in your arteries. As a result, it boosts the passage of nutrients and prevents dullness during the VLCD.
- They help in maintaining your skin health during the fat-burning phase. You do not need to apply creams and lotions during the HCG diet.
- Vegetables increase bone health and the firmness of your muscle.
- Vegetables have a lot of fiber and nutrients that increase metabolic rate.
During the second phase of the HCG diet, you can eat at least two servings per day. Avoid combining them in one sitting because they have different calorie levels. You cannot eat canned vegetables during the HCG diet because of their unhealthy ingredients and preservatives.