The immune system is your body’s defender against the attack of viruses and bacteria. It reduces the severity of illnesses and helps your cells recover. The immune system is a network of proteins and cells in your body. It prevents infections and illnesses. A strong immune system is important especially in battling against coronavirus.
The best way to give care to your immune system is to lose weight. Obesity or overweight can weaken your immune system. This is because of the weight-related diseases that have been putting your health at risk. The HCG diet has a big role in dealing with obesity. It can help you lose weight without doing a dangerous process such as weight loss surgery.
The signs of a weak immune system
- Easy to get sick
- Occurrence of pneumonia
- Blood disorders
- Low platelet counts and anemia
What impairs your immune system?
Conditions such as diabetes and hypertension can impair your immune system. This weakens the cells in your body and leads to other diseases. Weight gain also can impair your immune system because it is linked to chronic diseases. Your immune system can also weaken by alcohol, smoking, and unhealthy eating.
HCG diet phase 2 in boosting your immune system
The VLCD is not only a big help for the HCG to work. It can also boost your immune system. Low-calorie intake can enhance the response of your immune system. This is through the help of low-calorie foods during the VLCD. The HCG diet enables your immune system to be at its strongest pace.
What are the Phase 2 foods that can boost your immune system?
- Broccoli- This is a good source of non-acidic vitamin C. This works by attacking the free radicals that can cause diseases. Broccoli allows the immune system to focus on staying healthy. It is allowed during the HCG diet because it has low calories.
- Lean beef- Lean meats have high levels of proteins that can help in weight loss. It also helps in preserving your bone and muscle health. In terms of immune support, lean beef meats can repair your immune system deficiency.
- Spinach- Green and leafy vegetables such as spinach have vitamin A. It is also packed with beta-carotene that can boost your immune system. Spinach can boost immune response and helps you recover from illnesses. Spinach is rich in fiber which aids in digestion.
- Green tea- Unsweetened green tea is allowed during the HCG diet. It helps in boosting your metabolism and focus. This is also known to help strengthen your immune system.
- Chicken soup– This will fight against respiratory infection. You can incorporate this during the VLCD of the HCG diet. It has low calories and rich in protein.
Strengthening your immune system is important especially during this pandemic. Losing weight through the HCG diet can help you strengthen your immune system. It also curbs your risk of weight-related diseases such as stroke, diabetes, and hypertension. Protect your immune system by keeping your body and surroundings clean.