Metabolism is the collection of chemical processes in the body to sustain your energy and living. The function of metabolism is to convert fuel from the food you eat and drink and help in the excretion of waste. Through metabolism, your body can maintain breathing, digestion, growth, and blood circulation. It also breaks down nutrients and minerals that help in building muscle and maintaining bone health.
When your metabolic rate slows down, it can cause weight gain and other health concerns. Metabolism starts to slow down as people gests older. It causes fatigue, weight gain, and diseases. It slows down your weight loss and increases fat deposition in the body.
The HCG diet will make a difference in your metabolic rate as you start taking the hormones. The HCG will reset your metabolic rate and increase your metabolism. It can cause rapid weight loss by burning excess calories and stubborn fats in the body. The HCG also maintains a high metabolic rate to keep your weight loss long-term.
Following the HCG Diet
The HCG diet helps you lose weight fast and keep it for a lengthier period. It is essential to keep your metabolic rate up to maintain a healthy body and increase your energy. The HCG will burn stubborn fats and release them into your bloodstream. It increases your vitality and boosts your physical activity. It is the reason why you are maintaining your fuel regardless of eating fewer calories during the VLCD.
Visit your doctor or dietician to assess your overall health. Measure your resting metabolic rate to ensure that you have a reachable weight loss goal. Start reducing your intake of carbs, sugar, and other unhealthy foods to reset your metabolic rate on the HCG diet.
Things that Slows Down Your Metabolic Rate
- Lack of sleep
- Unhealthy diet
- Salt intake
- Weight loss plateau
- Lack of calcium
- Unhealthy drinks
- Skipping meals
Let your doctor know when your progress slows down during the HCG diet. Assess the foods you eat and your daily habits to determine the cause of slow metabolism. If you have medications, allow your doctor to change the dosage to avoid interfering with the HCG. You can also adjust the dosage of the HCG.
Tips to Boost Your Metabolic Rate on the HCG Diet
- Activate your lifestyle and spend some energy on low-intensity activities for ten minutes. It will help in boosting your metabolic rate.
- Perform some aerobic and cardio exercises to maintain your muscle mass and boost your metabolism.
- Increase your sleep and drink lots of water. Water alleviates thirst and stops you from snacking.
- Check your thyroid status because it affects your metabolism.
- Eat more foods that contain low calories to burn the excess calories and prevent fat deposition. Low-calorie foods take time to digest and hold your appetite until the next meal.
- Avoid skipping meals because it does not give significance to reaching your weight loss goal. It can also cause nutritional deficiency and slows down your metabolic rate.
- Be careful in adding medications because most of them affect your metabolic rate during the HCG diet.