The HCG diet does not permit using any amount or form of sugar due to its effect on the body. Too much sugar is the reason for weight gain and a growing number of obese patients today. When searching for sweeteners during the HCG diet, look for the low calorie to prevent interfering with your weight loss.
The Permissible Sweetener on the HCG Diet
Stevia is the only approved sweetener you can incorporate into your HCG diet. Why? It is because this is plant-based and does not use any filler ingredients that affect your weight loss. Stevia also does not affect the mechanism of the HCG in your body. It has low effects on your blood sugar levels and has zero carbs.
Stevia has almost zero calories and can mimic the flavor of the table sugar. You can use it in your recipe during the HCG diet. Ensure that you are serving low-calorie foods to prevent weight gain. You can use the liquid form but, ensure it does not contain other ingredients and enhancers.
Why Choose the Liquid Form of Stevia?
Liquid stevia does not contain binders or maltodextrin and dextrose. Binders can add carbs and increases the deposition of fats in the body. Stevia is safe for the HCG diet and does not trigger weight gain. The liquid form is flavorful and contains the lowest glycemic index. It also does not have hidden sugar than other sweeteners in the market.
Note on Using Stevia During the HCG Diet
- Avoid using it on unhealthy foods.
- Stevia is not a medication for diabetes.
- Stevia reduces the cholesterol levels in your blood but, it is not a treatment for weight loss.
- You can use it as a substitute for sugar, avoid using them for unhealthy purposes.
- Stop using when it stimulates your appetite for unhealthy foods.
- It is permissible on the HCG diet, but avoid using it every day because it causes dependency.
- Stevia does not compensate for the nutritional needs of your body during weight loss. Avoid using it every time you eat because it can also trigger your appetite for sugar-sweetened foods.
- Use it on your cup of tea or coffee instead of adding sugar and other artificial sweeteners.
What are the Benefits of using Liquid Stevia as a Sweetener on the HCG Diet?
Stevia can help in reducing your cravings. The sweet flavor of stevia reduces your sweet tooth cravings. It mimics the taste of actual sugar and tricks your brain as if you are eating the table sugar. Stevia also controls your calorie intake. Sugars have loads of calories that can ruin your progress on the HCG diet.
Stevia is an almost zero-calorie substitute for sugar. It alleviates your sugar cravings but, it is not the treatment for sweet tooth cravings. Change your lifestyle and habits to stave off the causes of weight gain. Stick to healthy options to prevent starvation and weight gain. Stevia helps in reducing your appetite during the VLCD.