Sugar has adverse effects on your health. Excessive sugar intake links to obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and other health conditions. If you are not limiting your sugar intake per day, you are more likely to gain weight. The sugary food and drinks in the market destroy your overall health every day.
The World Health Organization only recommends the following:
- The sugar intake for adults is 20g or not more than 30 grams per day.
- Children can only have 10 grams and not more than 20 grams per day.
- There are no guidelines for children under 4-years old as sugary drinks and foods are not advisable.
When you think of sugar, it is not all about the table sugar you get every day when you drink coffee. You can also accidentally load them from cakes, biscuits, juice, and chocolates.
Eating sugary foods or having sugary beverages are not advisable during the HCG diet. Likewise, you cannot eat processed foods or any product that contains other forms of sugar. Avoid adding syrup and artificial sweeteners to your diet to prevent weight gain.
There are Natural forms of sugar you can eat during the HCG diet. It helps you in dealing with sugar cravings without adding calories. You can have healthy vegetables and fruits to gain nutrients and vitamins. The approved fruits on the HCG diet can mimic that sweet flavor of sugar. They are also rich in antioxidants that help you during rapid fat loss.
Four Ways to Stop your Sugar Cravings on the HCG Diet
- Avoid sugary drinks. Sugar delays the work of HCG. Avoid reaching for a bottle of soda, energy drinks, and other processed beverages during the HCG diet. When you crave sugary drinks, you can make some substitute drinks but, keep your calorie intake low. You can make some fresh fruit juice and use stevia as a sweetener. Avoid relying on artificial sweeteners from sugary drinks to prevent weight gain. They can also trigger other health issues that will interfere with your weight loss.
- Avoid eating sugary foods. Carbs are not permissible during the HCG diet as they can spike up your blood sugar. Avoid eating sugary foods to prevent stimulating your appetite that causes cravings. Your body converts sugar into fats and deposits them in the hard-to-reach parts. Be mindful with your food choices and ensure you are reading food labels before buying foods.
- Avoid buying sugar-free food options. Most of the companies are putting the label on their products as sugar-free. These are misleading claims that attract consumers to patronize them. Avoid buying sugar-free labeled products as they contain other sweeteners and calories that can ruin your weight loss. Avoid buying low-fat food options as they also contain chemicals that trigger your sugar cravings.
- Substitute your food with organic products. Remove artificial flavorings, additives, and chemicals from your diet. Avoid buying the typical items in the market as much as possible to avoid GMOs and growth hormones. Opt for organic choices to maintain your overall health. Avoid eating packed breakfast cereals, protein bars, and other instant food products.