A calorie is a unit of energy found in every food. The more calories you eat the greater energy you have. However, too many calories will eventually be deposited as body fat. That’s why you have to be careful with your calorie intake per day to avoid weight gain. Counting calories is very important during Phase 2 of the HCG diet.
There are low-calorie foods that are carefully chosen and allowed during the HCG diet. These foods do not interfere with the mechanism of the HCG in burning your body fats. Some foods contain “almost zero calories” which is good for your VLCD.
Calories provide energy for your body. There is nothing wrong if you eat low calorie or almost zero calorie foods during the HCG diet. It’s because the HCG will provide energy for your body even if you are eating fewer calories.
Foods with almost zero calories on Phase 2 of the HCG diet
- Brussels sprouts- This is high in fiber, antioxidants, minerals, and other nutrients. It reduces cancer and other inflammation. Brussels sprouts contain low calories which are good for your VLCD.
- Cauliflower- Cauliflower is high in fiber and a good source of antioxidants. It is also rich in vitamin C that can boost your immune system. Cauliflower is a vegetable that has low-calorie content.
- Celery– It reduces inflammation and supports digestion. Celery has a low glycemic index and calories. It is one of the best vegetables for your VLCD.
- Cucumbers- This promotes hydration and aids in weight loss. Cucumbers can lower your blood sugar and promotes the regularity of your bowel. It contains 16 calories only.
- Lettuce-A bowl of lettuce only contains 8 calories which are good for weight loss. It is also a good source of various other beneficial bioactive compounds.
- Spinach- A bowl of spinach only contains 7 calories. Spinach is beneficial for your eyes. It is rich in fiber which can improve fullness in your stomach on the low-calorie intake. Spinach can also reduce blood pressure levels and improve other health functions.
- Strawberries and blueberries- These fruit choices are one of the best fruit you can eat during the very low-calorie phase. These fruits help prevent the risk of developing heart disease. Strawberries and blueberries are rich sources of antioxidants that fight against inflammation.
- Grapefruit and oranges- Grapefruit contains 42 calories and orange only has 47 calories. These are filling food that carries various nutrients and minerals. Grapefruit and oranges are rich in vitamin C that strengthens your immune system.
- Apple- The famous medical line “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” is true. Apple is one of the healthiest fruit not just for weight loss but for your health as well. Apple contains 52 calories which makes it very filling. It helps improve heart health and control the body’s blood sugar levels. You can also eat apricots or peaches if your food storage is running out of apples. They are also filled with vitamins and minerals that promote healthy weight loss.