Coffee or tea is not a permanent option to boost your energy on a diet. It can help you curb hunger but it does not help that much in raising your energy levels. Increasing your energy level will make you less likely to eat foods during the day. You are more energetic throughout the day you are more likely to be able to maintain a healthy weight. Phase 4 of the HCG diet is maintaining the weight loss you reached. You will be eating back real foods. But, you are not anymore allowed to go back to your old eating style. Here are some helpful foods that will maintain your energy levels during week 1 of your P4.
Foods that increase energy levels during the P4 of the HCG diet
- Flax seeds- These are highly packed with minerals. It also has fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and an anti-cancer agent. Flax seeds help your body burn abnormal fat. This has a high fiber content. It keeps you stay full longer. It has minerals like potassium, magnesium, calcium, and folic acid.
- Almonds- These are packed with healthy fats. It can provide you with a quick breakfast. It can also be a convenient pre-exercise meal. You can also bring almonds as your portable snacks instead of buying junk foods. Almonds are packed with minerals and they help to balance blood sugar levels. This is known to be one of the best foods to eat to stave off hunger.
- Coconut or coconut oil- It is one of the healthiest oils that you can consume regularly. Coconut oil is rich in healthy medium-chain triglycerides. It has fatty acids that can be used by your body to produce energy. The fatty acids in coconut oil are quickly digested by the body so that they are not converted into fat. This is also helpful in boosting your metabolism.
- Salmon- It is one of the healthiest fish. They are rich in important omega-3 fatty acids and protein. It keeps you full for longer hours until your next meal. This will also keep you from eating or snacking too much food during your weight loss maintenance. It also kicks off a high stress level and allows your brain to relax.
- Avocados- These are rich in healthy monounsaturated fats. It is slowly digested which makes it a good source of energy. Avocados are surprisingly rich in fiber. It is also one of the most filling fruits. The fats in avocados are good for your muscles and heart. Make sure to track your intake because it has higher calories than other fruits. Avocados provide a healthy balance of fat, protein, carbohydrates, and fiber.
- Blueberries– This is known as one of the superfoods. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and fiber. Eating just a handful of blueberries can provide you with a quick source of energy. Blueberries have a low glycemic index and don’t break down too quickly. It also has high fiber content leaves you satisfied. It does not result in spiking of your blood sugar levels.
- Eggs– Hard-boiled organic eggs are the best choice for your breakfast. Eggs have a B-vitamin. It is important for energy production during your weight loss maintenance. Eggs can also improve your cognitive function. They are the perfect breakfast food and they are rich in protein. Eggs can help you stay full and help you hit the ground running in the morning.
Habits that maintains high energy levels on P4 of the HCG diet
- Control stress
Emotions caused by stress will put away huge amounts of energy. Control high-stress levels by having someone who can you talk with. You can also involve in relaxation therapy or yoga. Controlling stress will successfully help you maintain your weight loss goal. Tai chi is also an effective tool for reducing stress.
- Light Exercise
Light exercise almost guarantees that you’ll sleep more soundly. It also gives you more energy to burn and circulates oxygen. Light exercise can help you release stress hormones that in modest amounts can make you feel energized. This will eventually regain your energy level. However, do not exercise if you are hungry or too tired.
- Drink coffee or tea
Caffeine does help increase alertness, so having a cup of coffee or tea can help sharpen your mind. It also boosts your energy naturally. Tea and coffee can also burn extra calories which help you maintain your weight loss. Opt for the sugar-free cup of tea and coffee. Coffee and tea are unlimited drinks that are allowed during the HCG diet.
- Stop your alcohol intake
Alcohol will cause fatigue and weakness. It can also increase your risk of serious health problems. It can put on excess weight. This is due to the low consumption of carbohydrates taken in the form of food. It also leads to a disturbance in a healthy lifestyle.
- Lighten your load
Quit overworking. Lighten your head from your responsibilities and personal duties. Set your priorities in life. Go for what comes to the most important tasks. Trim down those that are less important. Consider asking for extra help at work, if necessary. Lighten your load to be able to avoid fatigue.
- Drink water
The functions of water include digestion, absorption, circulation of blood. It also hydrates your body and allows food digestion. Water also helps in the carrying of nutrients all over your body. It is also responsible for the maintenance of body temperature. Water also cleanses the body from chemicals that cause stress.
Some light exercise that helps maintain your energy on HCG diet
- Biking- This will help you in maintaining the firmness of your muscles. Biking can burn calories and help in shaping your waist.
- Jogging or running- This is allowed in minimal duration. It can help in burning calories and it helps the work on HCG in suppressing your appetite.
- Walking- This is a simple way of burning calories. It preserves your lean muscle and raises your metabolism.
- Yoga- It is effective in stress management and lowers the risk of stress eating. It will develop your mindfulness which is important during your HCG diet. This is also helpful in maintaining your cardio health.