Chicken is one of the approved meats for the HCG diet. It contains nutrients that improve brain function. Chicken meats are known as one of the leanest meat for weight loss. It helps in building muscle mass and staving off hunger. During the HCG diet, you can eat at least 200 grams of chicken per day.
Use organic chicken meat when possible. Organic products have lots of benefits than regular meat. The chicken meat in the market contains antibiotics. They are also grown with GMOs that interfere with the HCG in burning your fats.
Benefits of chicken meat on your HCG diet
Chicken meats are known sources of valuable proteins. They are low in calories and filling. Eating chicken during the HCG diet increases the fullness. It supplies minerals and vitamins to your body. It also improves metabolic rate.
Chicken recipes you can enjoy during the HCG diet
#1- Chicken strips. This recipe goes well with any HCG diet vegetables. You can make up to two servings of chicken strips recipe.
- 200 grams of organic chicken breast
- (2) tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon of herb/oregano
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- Add two tablespoon of HCG approved hot sauce
- A small amount of salt and pepper
- Crushed Melba toast
How to cook?
- Cut the chicken meat into equal strips
- Add the ingredients in a large ziplock bag
- Put the chicken strips in the bag and shake it
- Marinate the meat for four hours
- Remove the meat from the marinade
- Coat it with the crushed Melba toast
- Bake the meat in the oven for twenty minutes in 350F heat
Eat the first 100 grams of chicken strip recipe for lunch and leave something for your dinner. During the second phase of the HCG diet, you can eat 200 grams of protein per day. Here’s another filling treat to enjoy.
#2- Chicken soup. This soup will contribute to the health of your cells and heart. It is filling and can improve your hydration during the VLCD.
- Half of the medium-sized carrots
- ½ red onion
- 100 grams of lean chicken
- Salt and pepper
How to cook?
- Remove the skin and bone of the meat
- Chop the onion, carrots, and meat
- Fill the pot with water to simmer the chicken
- Simmer the meat for 60 minutes
- Add the onion, celery, and carrots when the soup is boiling.
- Add some pepper and salt to improve the flavor.
Avoid adding creams to the chicken soup. Opt for natural herbs if you need condiments. Ensure you are eating 500 calories per day during the VLCD.
#3- Lemon Mustard Chicken. It has a moist and juicy flavor. You can make this recipe once a week.
- 100 grams lean chicken
- Juice of a freshly squeezed lemon
- One tablespoon spicy mustard
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cayenne and Oregano
How to cook?
- Preheat the broiler
- Allow the other side of the meat to broil until it turns brown
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Flip over and coat the other side of the meat.
- Cook the other side for ten minutes