Phase 1 is the loading portion of the HCG diet plan also known as the gorging phase. The gorging phase involves eating high-fat foods. This style of eating is for you to gain weight or to fill your fat stores. Do not panic because it will just come off quickly when the HCG will start its work on your body. The loading days will last for 2 days. You can eat anything you want as long as you will not get sick.
The loading days will fill your fat stores so that your body has something to rely on during the VLCD. Do not skip the loading phase or extend it because it might lead to several complications in accomplishing the protocol. Eat more on healthy fat sources such as avocado, dairy products, cheese, nuts, almonds, olive and coconut oil and fish meats.
What is the HCG diet?
The HCG diet is low fat and low-calorie weight loss protocol. HCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin. It is a hormone form, pregnant women. It is divided into four phases with different level of calorie requirements. The four phases of the HCG diet are the loading phase, very low-calorie diet, weight loss stabilization and the lifetime or maintenance phase.
The daily shot of HCG helps in lowering hunger and hunger pains. This is the reason why VLCD is allowed. The HCG will support the energy in your body as you cut down your intake of calories. It does not only reset your metabolism but also fix your eating habits. The HCG will target the hard to reach areas in your body and will burn the stubborn fats that are not burned by your past weight loss program
Things you must do during the loading days
- Take the HCG injections- as you start your loading days, you also have to start administering your HCG shot. The HCG will start to spread in your system and prepare a certain region in your brain that is responsible for metabolism. It also controls your brain for other weight loss activities.
- Eat high-fat foods- High-fat foods will prepare your fats stores for rapid fat burning. Eat as much as you can but avoid getting sick. You can still eat the usual foods that you indulge however, it is better to start cutting them down. Focus on healthy sources of fats if possible. Remember that the loading day is just for 48 hours. You must do your best to fill in your fats stores during the gorging period.
- Cut down your carb intake- Carb will not be allowed during the VLCD. That is why as early as the starting phase you have to cut your intake. Just focus on eating foods that are high in fat and calories instead of foods that are loaded with carbs.
- Start to weigh yourself- Step into your weighing scale as soon as you get up from bed each morning. Do this even when you are still on your loading days. Weighing yourself every day is a healthy training in tracking your weight loss.
How much should you eat during the loading days of the HCG diet?
Remember to eat high fats foods, eat with purpose and do not go to the point of being sick. There is no particular number of calories that is allowed during the loading days. You can eat as much as you want but avoid going beyond your limitations. Try to find higher fat foods you can tolerate if you are having hatred of consuming normal food choices.
How does the HCG help you lose weight?
The HCG diet has amazing results that have been proven by many. You can see success stories from the dieters. The HCG will supplement your body during the 500 calorie diet. It uses your stored fats as your new source of energy instead of getting it from the foods you eat. This means that you can lose body fats and burn it rapidly without hitting the gym or having weight loss surgery.
If you are new to the HCG diet you must do the following:
- Visit your doctor for physical assessment before starting the HCG diet. This will help you see if you are medically and physically fit for the HCG diet program. It will also ensure that you don’t have pre-existing diseases before starting to lose weight.
- See to it that you familiarize the basic protocol of the HCG diet. Being familiar with the protocol will make it easier for you to reach your weight loss goal.
- Ensure that you purchase enough HCG kits for the entire weight loss duration. This allows you to save time and energy when you are on the VLCD. You also have to see to it that the diet hormones are not discoloured or contaminated.
- Give your body a time to adjust to the diet protocol. This means that you are allowed to slowly introduce new food choices and cut down unhealthy foods and drinks that are not allowed during the HCG diet.
What you must not do during phase 1 of the HCG diet?
- Do not skip your meals- Your meal is important when you try to lose weight. It supports your body’s energy supply and nutritional needs. On the P1 of the HCG diet, you can eat whatever and whenever you want. This time you have to train your body to control foods but not to skip meals. Skipping your meals can affect your metabolism and sabotage your HCG diet.
- Do not do extreme exercises– Physical activities such as weightlifting and other heavy workouts will not help you lose weight. Remember that the HCG will burn your body fats without hitting the gym or giving too much energy on exercising.
- Do not forget to track your food intake- as soon as you start your HCG diet or even during the loading phase you have to practice tracking your foods. This is a healthy routine of tracking your food ingredients and calorie level of your food choices.