Weight loss problems happen when your metabolic rate declines. This will cause your body to burn fewer calories. Weight loss plateau to be exact happens when the calories you burn are just the same as what you eat. That is why you have to act on it to be able to burn more calories. To get a pass with weight loss plateau you have to take new routines and styles especially on eating foods.
Weight gain and weight loss plateau happen mostly during the last week of your VLCD. This is when your body is slowly approaching to reach your weight loss goal. These are the common problems when you are on weight loss. These problems of weight loss usually last for a couple of days and get worst if you will let it happen longer.
The difference between weight gain and weight loss plateau
Weight gain is when your weight increases than compare to your last weigh-in. This usually happens during the HCG diet where you can gain 2 pounds or more. Weight gain happens because of too much food you eat and or when you have menstruation. There are natural causes of weight gain that will just be gone right away such as water retention. This is naturally caused by menstruation and will be gone soon as your period is done.
A weight-loss plateau on the other hand happens when your weight loss stops. This means that your last weight loss result is the same as the latest weigh-in you have. This also caused by the foods you eat or the natural activities in your body. A weight-loss plateau is sometimes a sign that you are already reaching your weight loss goal. This may also be a sign that your body needs time to reset.
What will you do when you reach a plateau on VLCD of the HCG diet?
If the plateau stays longer, you have to do the apple a day. This is the easiest plateau breaker allowed during the HCG diet. This involves eating 6 green apples for the whole day and lowers your fluid intake. This means that if you are drinking 2 liters a day you have to lower it for at least one and a half liters. You will be able to lose water weights through this. You also have to double-check on your past activities and food intake to be able to determine the possible cause of plateau.
Make sure that you are not eating too many calories than what is allowed. Maintain your daily calorie intake either you are doing the original protocol of the VLCD or the modern way. You can also try some exercise routine to be able to boost your metabolism and start burning calories. Avoid artificial food ingredients, sweeteners, flavorings, and other industrial ingredients.
Can you do a steak day if you reach a plateau on P2 of the HCG diet?
Yes. You can also do this when the plateau continues until the fourth day. The steak day is also an effective plateau breaker. Steak day is done by fasting for the entire day. You are only allowed to drink water and sugarless coffee or tea during the day. You can prepare a large piece of steak for your dinner. You can have it along with one apple or tomato. The steak day will reduce the water retention that causes stalls and gains. This can only be done occasionally.
What exactly is water retention during the P2 of the HCG diet?
This is due to too much amount of salt intake or hormonal changes for women. The water weights will get worst because of too much sodium. This happens maybe because you eat too many salty foods that are prohibited during the VLCD of the HCG diet. The water retentions affect the work of HCG which can be harmful in some ways. To be able to avoid water retention you have to cut down your intake on salty foods. You can also stop using the HCG when you have menstruation. This is to avoid hormonal issues. However, you have to continue your low-calorie diet and get back to HCG when the period is gone.
Further causes of weight gain during the P2 of the HCG diet
- Poor circulation of nutrients in your blood
- Poor metabolism because of unhealthy activities
- Premenstrual water retention
- Eating too many calories than what is allowed on Phase 2
- You are unaware of your food intake
- You load on foods that have sugar, carbs, and oil
- You are cheating on your 500 calorie meal
- It may also because of medications you are taking that affects the HCG
How to get back on your HCG diet track?
- Create a meal plan– This must follow the 500 calorie requirements. Plan your meal ahead of time to avoid prolonged hunger or slipping on the protocol. Avoid snacking on foods that have high calories. You can have fruits instead of eating unhealthy snack foods.
- Maintain proper food portioning– If you reach a plateau or gain weight because of your food you have to make it right as soon as possible. This means that you have to practice proper food portioning and controlling yourself from eating. You can do proper food portioning by using supports such as small plates and food scale. These are the common and easiest way to get the best portion of food in each setting.
- Eat on time– eating on time is a good start to having new habits. This is done especially when you are doing the VLCD. DO not eat whenever you want or avoid eating while doing something. See to it that you are keeping track of your food intake. Do not prolong hunger to prevent emotional cravings or food cheating.
- Take off sugar in your diet- start your VLCD without having sugar. This is because it is the common reason why you are gaining weight. Instead of having sugar to flavor your foods, you can substitute it with stevia. This is a natural sweetener that is safe for your VLCD.