The transition period is the last 72 hours in your VLCD. The purpose of your transition period is to make sure that there is no HCG left in your body. This is when you can start adding more food to your diet. You can start your transition period after your last HCG injection. You still have to continue your 500 calorie diet during the 3 days after your last injection.
Importance of food portioning during transitioning of the HCG diet
Food portioning plays a big role in whether on weight loss or not. This is because it allows you to meet all the nutrients needed by your body. Eating proper share helps in eating the right foods. It allows you to have a tight track of how many calories you would have. This is very important during the very low-calorie diet. It keeps you out from mindless indulgence of unhealthy foods.
How to do a successful transitioning on the HCG diet?
- Stay away from starches and sugar– You are allowed to have more food choices except for sugar and starches. This is because it can cause a weight stall. Sugar and starches are harmful during your P3 because it stops your weight stabilization.
- Stop your HCG injection on the last 72 hours of P2– the HCG will still be active in your body for 3 days. The reason why you have to stop having your injection is to prepare your body for P3.
- Control your food portions on P3- You are already free from 500 calorie diet but you still need to control your food portions. Entering on P3 is different from your loading phase. Phase 3 is all about the stabilization of your weight loss. You have to balance your food intake to stabilize the weight loss that you reached.
- Re-introduce your food slowly on P3– The foods that you are going to add back are still new in your body. Add them slowly so that your body will have time to adjust. Remember that your stomach is already used to the VLCD.
- Continue tracking your weight- You still have to weigh every morning and keep a record of your daily food intake. Your food record will help you track in case your weight is stalling.
The food list for your Phase 3 of HCG diet
- Pork, whitefish, Salmon
- Eggs, shrimp, tuna
- Asparagus, Mushrooms, Cauliflower
- Water chestnut, peppers, sea vegetables
- Eggplant, spaghetti squash
- Turkey, Lobster, crab
- Guava, Papaya, cranberries
- Sugar-free milk, yogurt, butter, and sour cream
Tips on food portioning during the HCG diet
- Determine the caloric needs during the HCG diet
The cut down of your intake of calories happens on the HCG diet. You must know and develop some techniques in controlling your food intake. Do not load too much on calorie-loaded foods. Knowing the caloric requirements will help you with the intake of foods. You are required to eat organic foods or whole foods during the VLCD.
- Use some portion control dishes
You can have a set of dishes that helps you in controlling your food portion. Purchase portion control kitchen wares. This will helps you limit your intake of foods. Buy small plates, spoon and even things for cooking. These are designed to help you with your HCG diet meal. You also have to provide a food scale to help in food portioning. You can use small dining plates to have a smaller amount of food.
- Do not forget to measure your food
This is important to support your weight loss. Weighing your foods will help in tracking your intake of calories. This also helps in tracking down your food intake. The food scale is needed to portion your meat intake. It also helps you make sure that you get an exact portion of food.
- Gradual loading of foods and read food labels
Gradual loading helps your body adjust to a new eating pattern on the HCG diet. It helps your body in adjusting in the first few days of VLCD. Loading food slowly keeps you out of emotional food cravings. It gives your body time to adjust and adapt to new caloric intake. Reading food labels will prevent you from loading unhealthy foods
- Be mindful in eating
You can also track your progress by being mindful of eating. Pay attention to the foods you eat during mealtime. Stop everything that you are doing when you will eat. Mindfulness is an act of being accountable for everything. This is because there is one to be blamed when you do too much on your diet but you alone. You will be facing consequences when you fail to practice mindfulness.
- Drink water before you eat
Water will make you eat lesser foods because it promotes fullness. This is a guilt-free tip that keeps you out of dehydration. Water as well helps in taking off food toxins and other chemicals from your body. This is also helpful in the proper distribution of nutrients in various parts of your body. It can also curb hunger and ends hunger pain.
- Add more filling vegetables
Filling vegetables are the choices that are rich in fiber. Choose the green leafy vegetable because it has low calorie. The high level of fiber is filling and it helps in digestion and metabolism. It keeps your stomach full longer. You can bulk your HCG meal with a vegetable that has low calories. It fights against free radicals and helps you reach your weight loss goal.
- Take off carbs in your diet
Carbs and sugar have the same effect on your weight loss. Carbs can cause weight gain. It is one of the contributors to obesity. Eating carbs will boost your appetite and makes you eat too much. Stay away from all kinds of carbs when you are doing the HCG diet. Do not eat rice, pasta, bread, and even oatmeal. Eating carbs will delay your weight loss.
- Avoid using appetite-boosting ingredients or condiments
Stevia is the only allowed ingredients you can have. This is good for food flavoring or to sweeten your cup of tea or coffee. Do not add unhealthy ingredients such as artificial food flavorings, food preservatives, etc.