Most of the calories you can eat during the HCG diet are from your lunch and dinner. It includes protein from lean meats, vegetables, and fruit. Aside from lean meats, you can also eat fish, lobster, shrimp, and crab meat. After all, you want to eat good food before you go to sleep. Having dinner is a way to end the day through healthy meals.
In cooking or preparing your foods, you should avoid adding oil or frying your foods. Stick to healthy cooking methods such as grilling, broiling, or steaming your foods. Using cooking oils can reduce the nutritional value of a healthy meal. Oils can also interfere with the HCG and can cause weight gain. Avoid soaking your food in butter, oil, cream, sauce, and food ingredients that contain grease.
Six healthy ideas for dinner on the HCG diet
- Salmon. The leanest cut of salmon’s meat provides proteins that help in building muscles. It has omega-3 fatty acids that keep your heart strong and healthy.
- Chicken meat. It provides high-value protein that you need to maintain satiety. Choose the leanest cut of chicken which is the breast. It helps in building muscles and improves your metabolism.
- Tomatoes. It helps in lowering your risk of developing heart disease. Tomatoes have loads of vitamins and minerals that are helpful during the HCG diet. It includes vitamins C, B, E, and K.
- Beets. It is rich in anti-inflammatory agents and antioxidants. Beets have tons of nutrients that can help your body during the HCG diet. Beets have fiber that improves your digestive health during the HCG diet.
- Broccoli. Not only low in calories, but it is also rich in fiber, protein, vitamins, iron, and magnesium. The health benefits of broccoli make it one of the most known vegetables you can eat during the HCG diet. You can have broccoli as a source of protein when you follow the vegetarian protocol.
- Beef meat. It is the leanest meat which makes it a good option during the VLCD. It is rich in protein to help in balancing your blood sugar levels. Lean cuts aids in maintaining fullness during the VLCD.
During the second phase of the HCG diet, you can only eat 500 calories per day. It encompasses the calories you have from your breakfast drink, your meal during lunch, and your dinner. You should also pay attention to your meal sizes of vegetables and fruits. Proper control of your meal sizes can help you lose fat faster and reach your weight loss goals on time.
Maintain your hydration
It is vital to drink plenty of water when you are on the HCG diet to flush excess ketone bodies. Drink lots of water to boost digestion and maintain the proper flow of nutrients in your body. Water helps clear your body from food chemicals that can trigger cravings. The HCG diet recommends that you drink a half-gallon of water per day to assist your weight loss.