One of the things that affect your weight loss is the level of your physical activity. Incorporating light activities are allowed during the HCG diet. However, you have to make sure that it has a positive outcome while maintaining your HCG shots. This means that you have to control your activities to avoid affecting your body. Avoid getting to the point that you are doing exercise more than your usual routine.
Does exercising helps you lose weight?
Generally speaking, exercise can help you lose weight. However, extreme and heavy exercise will consume your energy. This will lead to the stimulation of your appetite. You are more likely to eat more when you run out of energy caused by extreme activities. On the HCG diet, you are allowed to incorporate light activities such as yoga.
Signs that you have exercised too much during the HCG diet
- Sore muscles- Make sure to take a break when your muscle is sored. Avoid heavy workouts because it harms your muscle-building efforts. Soreness of muscle is the effect of the high levels of stress that you put in. This is normal during the first 8 hours after the activity. Once it stays longer it already means that you are overdoing your exercise.
- Trouble in sleeping- Too much exercise gives a chance that your nervous system will be disturbed and you will be sleepless. It’s because too much exercise sends out stress hormones that promote insomnia. It consumes much of your energy which makes you more tired than normal. You will also feel weaker and slower.
- Menstrual cycle disorders- Heavy exercise can also disrupt your menstrual cycle. Stick to light activities such as stretching, skipping rope, and yoga. It improves strength, focus, and mobility. If you are overdoing your exercise routine you tend to miss your period.
- You feel drained after – When you overdo your exercise you will be exceeding limits not just on the HCG diet but also with your limitations. It consumes your energy, excitement, and makes you restless. If you are feeling irritable and moody it only means that you have gone too far.
- Your immune system is weak- If you are getting sick more often you have to stop exercising. Illnesses are your body’s way of sending signs that you have done too much. Too much exercise makes you suffer from stress. Make sure to take a rest and to boost your immune system.
- Stimulation of appetite– Overtraining includes the desire to eat too much food. This is because of the high-stress levels caused by heavy activities. Your body tends to find comfort by eating more calories. You will feel hungry more often. Take note that you are only allowed to exercise when you are not tired or hungry.
How much time do you need to spend on exercise during the HCG diet?
On the HCG diet, you can spend at least 10 to 15 minutes of light exercise. It helps in boosting your immune system and burns extra calories. Walking, running, and jogging are allowed as long as you still have enough energy. Avoid overdoing your exercise during the second phase of the HCG diet.