There are some foods that you need to avoid to lose weight. These are foods that are highly processed. Avoid those foods that are canned, dried, preserved, and deep-fried. It does not only affect your weight but also your health. Be sure to keep unhealthy foods out of your diet if you want to lose weight. Stick to healthy whole foods like fruits, vegetables, and healthy protein.
Problem foods have several risks to your body such as
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- High cholesterol levels
- Imbalance and low energy
These foods have an unhealthy level of:
Problem foods you need to avoid during the HCG diet
- Bread- Wheat bread and white bread are not allowed during the HCG diet. Bread has a high glycemic index that can stop the work of HCG. Bread also contains gluten, which people tolerate differently.
- Energy bars- Energy or protein bars have sugar that stops you from losing weight. Most of the energy bars contain 22 to grams of carbs. It is better to eat fruits than to have energy bars. You can also replace protein bars with the approved protein foods on the HCG diet.
- Soda- one serving of soda has a ton of calories that are bad for you. It also has a wide range of metabolic effects during the HCG diet. The most dangerous thing about soda is liquid calories. These are sweetened by sugar syrup and other several ingredients. It can spikes up your blood sugar levels.
- Cereal- Cereals have a high glycemic index that can stop you from losing weight. You can replace cereals with healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables.
- Alcohol- Getting rid of alcohol helps you lose weight. Alcoholic drinks have plenty of calories and carbs. It increases your appetite for unhealthy foods. This is dangerous especially during the very low-calorie diet.
- Process snacks– Be careful with misleading claims of every food package. Processed snacks can spike up your blood sugar. These also contain complex ingredients that stop the HCG. Avoid processed snacks such as potato chips and cookies.
The “sugar-free” labeled foods
Most of the foods labeled as sugar-free are misleading. You need to deeply check the package before you purchase it. Be careful with the unhealthy sweeteners that are added to these food choices. These foods can often stimulate your appetite. It can also cause occurrences of hunger and cravings.
Dealing with cravings on problem foods during the VLCD
Cravings on carbs and sugar can be a problem for weight loss. Do not eat foods in response to cravings because you are just making it worse. Drink a lot of water to flush out the causes of cravings. Distance yourself from the triggers of cravings. You also have to fight stress to avoid emotional eating.
Stress often causes the occurrence of cravings. It leads you to find comfort in eating unhealthy foods. Focus on your 500 calorie diet. Load more on vegetables such as spinach, lettuce, broccoli, and asparagus. You can also eat protein-rich foods such as lean beef meat, veal, and chicken breast.