Losing weight through the HCG diet requires commitment and focus. The HCG diet is not only a physical activity but also with your mind. You need to put effort into what you are doing since there is no short way to success. Several factors will add success to your HCG diet. One of these is having the right mindset and focus on the protocol. This is very important especially when eating during the VLCD. It is either you eat foods mindlessly or having them mindfully.
What is mindless eating?
Mindless eating is when you are aware of your body signals but you ignore them. This is a way of eating for the sake of satisfying your desire to overeat. Mindless eating is when you eat every food that you see without thinking of the calories you are loading.
Mindless eating is also when you eat out to express your emotions. It is when you seek comfort from the foods. The usual food choices that are consumed when you eat mindlessly are those that contain too many calories. This type of eating practice often comes when you are emotionally stressed or bored.
What is mindful eating?
Mindful eating is the opposite of mindless eating. This is a healthy eating behavior that considers your body’s signals and feelings. Mindful eating is when you eat foods because you are physically hungry and stops before feeling stuffed or bloated. From the word mindful which means being conscious. This means that you are paying attention to the way you eat.
Mindful eating is when you are maintaining your awareness of every food and drinks you consume. You are observing every food rather than indulging too much. You are aware of the taste, or when you are full and satisfied. This eating style is very important during the second phase of the HCG diet.
How to practice mindful eating during the HCG diet?
- Eat when you are physically hungry
- Avoid distractions while eating
- Do not eat while you are driving, watching televisions, or working
- You must chew your foods slowly and do not rush
- You notice the texture, aroma, taste of the food but do not indulge
- You have to consider where the food comes from and what it is made of does
- You plan your mealtime and meal portions properly
What are the signs of mindless eating?
- You eat too much even if you just had your meal
- You enjoy the taste of the foods and have it more on your plate
- You find comfort in eating unhealthy food and drinks
- You are responding to emotional cues such as stress and anger
- You are stuffing yourself up even if you already feel discomfort
The importance of mindful eating during the HCG diet
Mindful eating is important, especially when maintaining the HCG shots. It helps you accomplish the calorie requirements during the VLCD. Mindful eating will also help you track down the number of foods including the ingredients. It also helps you develop some eating discipline that gives success on your weight loss.