HCG meal plans suggest that each meal should contain one piece of lean protein. The meal has a vegetable, a fruit and a piece of bread. Oils, butter, and sugar must be avoided.
The three stages of HCG diet
This type of diet is a low-fat calorie diet. It is divided into three stages:
- The Loading Phase: This is when you start using HCG and eat a lot of high-fat food. You may also eat a lot of high-calorie food for 2 consecutive days. This phase allows you to overload your body with calories. During this phase, you are only allowed to eat 2 meals each day.
- The Weight Loss Phase: While continuously using HCG. This is a phase wherein you only eat 500 calories per day for three to six weeks. This phase is when you will start to discipline yourself from eating high calories.
- The Maintenance Phase: This when you stop using HCG. You’ll gradually increase food intake. But, you have to avoid sugar and starch for three weeks. This phase is when you are allowed to increase your food intake. You only eat foods with no sugar and starch.
What to eat and avoid during the HCG diet?
The HCG diet is substantial limits calories. The usually allowed calorie during the diet is 500 per day. Here is some of the list of the approved foods for the HCG diet.
- Fruits– limited oranges, apples, strawberries, and red grapefruit.
- Nonstarchy vegetables– For this, we have celery, lettuce, cabbage, cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions.
- Lean meat– You are allowed to eat limited chicken breast, shrimp, lean ground beef, lobster, and white fish.
Diet does not allow any of the following:
- Fatty foods– foods such as, nuts, fatty fish or any food that is made with oil.
- Starchy Vegetable– One example for a starchy vegetable is potatoes.
- Added sugar– No sugar at all. You are in an all-sugar/calorie diet. Any form of sugar is not allowed.
Other benefits of HCG diet
Dr. Simeon discovers that the body needs 125 units of HCG hormone each day to lose weight. A 500 calorie diet for an obese patient can lose one pound each day. Dr. Simeon also found out that HCG can cure disorders caused by obesity like:
- Diabetes– His research shows that HCG has the ability to lower the blood sugar in the body. The abnormal level of sugar reaches to normal level within 2-3 weeks. You can be able to stop all insulin treatments.
- Rheumatism- After a few days of treatment, it allows the patient to stop using cortisone medicine.
- Gout– This prevents the Gout pain even when the blood uric acid increases.
- Blood Pressure– During the HCG diet the blood pressure is also being controlled.