Controlling food cravings is important to lose weight successfully. It is more important to stave off your cravings on junk foods and other processed products. Cravings will establish unhealthy habits that may become the reason for unsuccessful weight loss. A big part of changing your cravings is to limit your access to junk foods. You also have to reduce what you eat and avoid any food temptations. Following the HCG diet protocol will always help in dealing with your cravings.
There are foods that you can eat to help you with your cravings. There are also various ways and simple tips to follow to avoid cravings in the future. Drinking plenty of water throughout the day will help. The HCG diet is also a very helpful step to eliminate your cravings. Your appetite will change when you do the HCG diet. This means that your cravings will be controlled and slowly be gone.
Junk foods are loaded with unhealthy food ingredients. It may taste delicious and tempting but it can ruin your health. The foods that are known to junk are salted snack foods, sweet desserts, candy, gums, and deep-fried foods. You have to stop loading on this kind of food to reach your weight loss goal. One thing you can do when you crave for junk foods is to drink water. You do not have to eat more and this will trick you to successfully avoid food cravings.
What is craving?
Craving is a powerful desire for a particular food. This makes you feel bothered about the taste, texture, and aroma of the food. Food cravings are often caused by your habits and eating style. Cravings make your weight loss goal a hard thing to reach. Food cravings are caused by regions of the brain. It is a part of your brain that is responsible for memories reward and pleasure.
How to end junk food cravings on the HCG diet?
- Eat fruits- The high fiber content in apples helps to balance your blood sugar and stay full. Apples have a large amount of soluble fiber and won’t spike your blood sugar. Eating fruits during the diet will not leave you feeling starving. Other great options for high fiber fruits include strawberries, grapefruits, and oranges. These are all allowed during the HCG diet.
- Go to bed on time- Going to bed on time will stop you from eating foods at night that can be converted to fat. It can also lower the stress level that causes natural weight gain. You should also make sure that you are getting at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night. Staying awake too long triggers a hormone that can trigger you to eat more.
- Eat enough protein – Not eating enough protein can cause you to feel lethargic. Protein that you can get from lean meat is helpful during the very low-calorie diet. It helps you curb hunger and cravings. Protein can also prevent bone and muscle breakdown during your weight loss. It keeps you feeling full longer and boosts your digestion. Protein is one of the most important nutrients your body needs to be able to lose weight.
- Drink more coffee or caffeinated tea- Coffee or tea will make you feel less likely to have random cravings for junk foods. Caffeine gives you a burst of energy. It will take you to long to be hungry again. Coffee and tea keep your body hydrated during the rapid fat burning. These are also less in calories that is why these are allowed from phase 1 to the last phase of your HCG diet. However, you are not allowed to drink and sweetened tea or coffee on your HCG diet. Tea or coffee will be your breakfast choice during your VLCD.
How to stop the weight gain caused by food cravings on the HCG diet?
- Keep out from unhealthy foods
This means that your cravings are triggered by certain feelings or situations. That is why you have to throw everything that is unhealthy. Eliminate many of the root causes of junk food addiction. Do not eat outside your house or at food chins to avoid the foods that are loaded with calories.
- Maintain your HCG shot
The diet hormone can increase your metabolic rate by reaching a certain region in your brain. This will promote the rate of your metabolism and help burn your calories. It also allows your body to use burned fats as a source of energy. It lowers cravings and keeps you out from overeating during the HCG diet. The HCG shot can also increase your natural energy level. Along with the HCG shot, are healthy food choices. These are the foods that have a low-calorie level. It keeps your body healthy as you continue to burn fats. It lowers your body cholesterol and prevents you from the risk of diseases.
- Go back to your diet track and get rid of liquid calories
You can do the apple or steak day to get back on your diet track right away. Do not prolong the effect of cravings in your body. Lowering your caloric intake will shed more pounds on your body. Quit drinking beverages that contain liquid calories. You cannot detect liquid calories the same way you detect the calories from foods.
- Exercise and stay hydrated
Add an exercise routine to your everyday activities. It will help you burn extra calories from your unhealthy food indulgences. Light exercise maintains strength and gets you back on your diet track. Hydration as well as flushes out all the causes of weight gain including water retention. It controls your appetite and keeps you stay full.
- Control the food portion quit late-night snacking
Food portioning is done by measuring or weighing the food choice before cooking. This is one easy way to counter weight gain. Food portioning is also one way to curb cravings. It keeps out from carbs, sugar and unhealthy food choices during VLCD. Late-night snacking is an unhealthy habit that silently kills your weight loss.