Hydration is an important part of staying healthy and fit. You have to consume at last 2 liters of water during Phase 2 of the HCG diet. Water helps in keeping you full and curbs hunger. It also flushes out toxins from the foods you eat. Make sure you stay hydrated for the whole day during the very low-calorie phase.
There are many choices of drinks in the market that makes you find it hard to follow this protocol. Your attention is shifted to fruit juices, energy drinks, and sodas. However, during the HCG diet, you must end your addiction to these beverages. Avoid all the drinks that undergo processing so that you can lose weight. To maintain hydration you can also incorporate foods with water content such as;
- Cucumber- this is one of the known vegetables that you can add to salad. Cucumber contains 96% of water. That’s why it is filling and it maximizes hydration in your body. It can also lower blood sugar and blood pressure. Cucumber aids in weight loss by dealing with extra food calories in your body.
- Tomatoes- One great thing about tomatoes is it helps in hydration. A medium-sized tomato contains 118 ml of water. It also contains vitamins and minerals that help you during the VLCD. Tomatoes also help in boosting your immunes system and fights against free radicals. Tomatoes have a burst of taste and it can be one of your hydrating snacks.
- Radish- radish is crunchy but it contains more water. It has a naturally sweet and spicy flavor that can spice up your meals. Radish contains 95% of water which is comparable to cucumbers. It contains antioxidants that help in detoxifying your body. Eating radish during the HCG diet helps you stay full until your next meal. It prevents you from snacking.
- Celery- It has a high water content that helps in neutralizing stomach acids. Celery also contains a high level of fiber that helps in curbing your appetite. You can have this during the VLCD because it contains low calories. This vegetable also helps in improving skin health while you are losing weight. You can create celery juice or smoothie as long as you stay on 500 calorie intake per day.
- Oranges– This fruit has high levels of vitamin C that boost your immune system. It can also boost hydration because of its water content. Oranges are filling and can help curb hunger. It also contains fiber and several other nutrients such as potassium.
- Soups– Soups and broths contain more water. You can enjoy having soup as a filling meal on your VLCD. Soup also alleviates high-stress levels. It supports hydration and keeps your joints healthy. During the VLCD you can create a healthy soup out of the chicken breast or other lean meat.
Does maintaining hydration help you lose weight on the HCG diet?
Hydration is not a direct reason why you lose weight during the HCG diet. However, it assists the HCG in burning your body fats by keeping your body full. It also helps in delivering toxins out of your body. This only means that proper hydration is as important as having your HCG shots every day.