Metabolism is a chemical reaction that is involved in maintaining the living state of your cells. This helps in converting the foods you eat into energy. The calories in food are combined with oxygen to release the energy that allows your body to function. A fast metabolic rate is important to lose weight. Several factors affect your metabolism and one of these is the food you eat.
There are metabolism-boosting food choices that can naturally burn your body fats. The foods that are allowed during the HCG diet can help you boost your metabolism. These are rich in protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that trigger weight loss. The metabolism-boosting food allowed during the HCG diet can help you reduce your appetite.
The HCG diet foods that boost your metabolism during VLCD
- Coffee – This is not exactly food but you can consume this regularly. The caffeine in coffee suppresses the appetite and boosts your metabolism. Coffee is allowed at any time of the day during the VLCD. You can have this as your breakfast to jump-start your metabolism. Do not add sugar or creamer on your coffee during the HCG diet.
- Green tea- It can similarly boost your metabolism as coffee. Tea is a good alternative if you are sensitive to the high caffeine content in coffee. This has been proven to burn extra calories and fats in your body. Make sure that you are drinking a sugar-free tea during the VLCD.
- Ginger- Ginger has various health benefits. This is also known as one of the superfoods for weight loss because of the thermic effect. Thus, increases your feeling of fullness. Ginger is effective in reducing hunger during the rapid fat burning. It can boost your metabolism by up to 5%.
- Spinach- Spinach is one of the healthiest vegetables and an excellent metabolism booster. This is loaded with nutrients and other compounds that are needed for weight loss. It can also help in dealing with a wide range of chronic illnesses. Thus, improves the feeling of fullness and digestion during the VLCD.
- Cinnamon- Choose the gluten-free cinnamon to help reduce insulin levels. Cinnamon can help in boosting your metabolism. This can help metabolize carbs from the unhealthy foods you eat. Thus, protects against the spike of blood sugar.
- Protein- lean protein can protect your muscle mass from degradation. This can help your metabolism in maintaining its higher rate. It helps you reduce body fat while keeping your muscle. High-protein consumption is more effective than an extreme workout. The sources of high levels of protein during the HCG diet are lean meat. You can have beef meat, shrimp, crab meat, chicken breast, and veal.
- Berries- These are a great source of fiber that improves the feeling of fullness in your stomach. Every type of berry can boost your metabolisms such as blueberries and strawberries. Thus, prevents occurrences of cravings during the VLCD. You can eat a handful of berries in the replacement of sugary foods to avoid high blood sugar.