The HCG diet guidelines on fruit consumption are based on the original protocol by Dr. Simeons. One of the causes of weight loss stall during the VLCD is when you fail to understand the guidelines. When it comes to eating fruits during the VLCD you must read through the entire protocol.
Not all fruits can work along with the diet hormone. You have to understand how the proper way of consuming fruits is during the HCG diet. The fruits you can eat during Phase 2 of the HCG diet are;
- Handful of berries such as strawberries
Guidelines in eating fruits on Phase 2 of the HCG diet
- Eating apple can be in any size. You can eat 2 apples per day. Do not replace a large apple with 2 small apples in one meal.
- Eat the whole fruits as much as possible. Do not depend on the juice of the fruit. For example, is to eat the whole orange fruit and avoid having only the fresh-squeezed juice.
- You are can only eat 1 fruit per meal. This means that you cannot eat the 2 allowed fruits all at once in a single meal.
- Avoid replacing other fruits that are not in your diet food list.
- Avoid dried fruits because it already contains added sugar and preservatives.
- You can eat the same choice of fruits every day but avoid missing them.
Can you do a fruit cheat on Phase 2 of the HCG diet?
Dr. Simeons also warns every dieter that some fruits are damaging to the protocol. This only means that fruit cheat is not a good idea when you’re having your HCG shots. Fruit cheat adds more calories which inhibits the action of the HCG in your body. It leads to stalls, hunger, and weight gain.
Is there any specification of fruit portion sizes?
The original manuscript of Dr. Simeons does not specify the exact grams of fruit you can eat per meal. As long as you stick to one fruit per meal you are safe. There is a specific portion for proteins which is 200 grams per day but not with fruits. Your daily consumption of calories including fruits must be 500 calories per day.
How to incorporate fruit intake during the HCG diet?
To incorporate fruits into your diet you have to follow the protocol. Get the right amount of protein first which is 100grams per meal. You must also have a bowl of your vegetable meal. For your fruit choice, you can have a medium apple or orange. A handful of strawberries can also work.
Can you eliminate fruits from your diet?
Eliminating fruits on Phase 2 is not in the manuscript but this is done by other dieters. You can eliminate anything that you are not hungry for. However, you have to make sure that it does not affect your progress. It is better to eliminate the breadsticks if you are not hungry at all. You will need the fiber and nutrients of the fruits for your health during the fat burning.