Foods are one of your basic needs in order to survive. These are needed for the stability of your health. Your health and weight depend on the quality of foods that you have been eating. Weight loss is only possible if you load on healthy food choices. The reason why HCG diet allows limited food choices because other foods may cause weight gain. It is important to be mindful in eating so that you can avoid health risk.
Foods that are not allowed on the HCG diet
- Oily and fatty foods– Fats and oils are not allowed during your HCG diet. Frying foods deeply will take off all the nutrients from your food. These are also a common cause of cancer. Stay away from solid oils such as food shortening. Fatty foods can also trigger stress hormones which eventually cause weight gain.
- Refined flour– Store brought flour is not allowed because the HCG diet is a zero carb diet. Giving in to carbs will cause to fail on your weight loss. Do not load on to bread, pasta and other foods that are high in carbohydrates. These are the common refined foods that highly add blood sugar levels.
- White rice– This is a big no during your HCG diet because it will take you out of your diet track. White rice is plain but it is loaded with sugar and carbohydrates.
- Potato– Potatoes are healthy however, they can add weight. Stop eating fried potatoes because it can trigger cancer cells.
- Pastries, cookies, and cakes- These are packed with unhealthy ingredients that harm your HCG diet. It has trans-fat and is very high in calories which is not good during VLCD.
- Flavored juices– These items are loaded with liquid calories which are not allowed on your HCG diet. The calories and other ingredients of fruit juices can stop the work of HCG in weight loss. It has no fiber compared to the whole fruit.
- Junk foods– These are considered as your worst food choices. It does not just stop weight loss but also it can put your health at risk. Junk foods have sugar, wheat, harmful ingredients, added fats, and too many calories.
Stick to the universal rule of the diet which is “no sugar and carbs allowed”. Check your food packages and be aware of misleading claims. Consider doing proper portioning to watch out for improper intake of calories. Stopping the intake of unhealthy food choices will also help you to reach your weight loss goal. You can also maintain a healthy lifestyle successfully.