Phase 4 of the HCG diet is the weight loss maintenance. This phase is the part where you will introduce back real foods in your diet. However, you are not allowed to eat processed foods. You need to avoid unhealthy food choices because the HCG is done cleansing your body. There are also habits that you still need to stop to continuously maintain your weight.
You have to manage your intake of foods especially on the first few days of P4. This is to help your body adjust to loading more food choices. You still have to make sure that you will not end up gaining your weight back. The key to successfully maintain the weight loss is to avoid unhealthy foods. You will be eating more calories in this phase but you have to monitor your weight.
The foods you need to avoid on P4 of the HCG diet
- White bread and rice– This adds up your body fats. White bread is not allowed in the first few weeks of your P4. It is loaded with carbohydrate that will eventually cause weight gain. Carbs are not yet allowed during the first weeks of phase 4. White rice can cause overeating and it has lower nutrients than brown rice.
- Pasta- This is high in carbs which can cause you to eat too much. It can also help you trigger your cravings. Loading on pasta will add more fats. It can also ruin your blood sugar and pressure levels.
- Potato-It has high cholesterol levels. Fried potatoes and other fried foods can harm your cardiovascular health. It promotes rapid storing of fats in various parts of your body. Fried potatoes or other food items are one cause of obesity.
- Fatty and processed meat- Fatty meats are high in cholesterol that can raise your blood pressure. Meats that are loaded with fats are not allowed during the HCG diet. This is because it cannot just cause weight gain but it can also cause diseases. Processed meat, on the other hand, has various chemicals. It has added flavor, seasonings, salt, preservatives, and coloring. These food ingredients can cause various effects on your weight loss.
- Junk foods– These are the same with processed foods. Most of the junk foods are loaded with calories, sugar, and fats. You have to stay away from junk foods during Phase 4 of the HCG diet. This is because it might stop you from successful weight loss maintenance.