Preparing your meal on the HCG diet is made easier with the help of your weight loss guide. Meal preparation includes estimating the number of calories in each setting. You will need a food scale to measure your meal choices. Do not forget to count your intake of calories for each serving. Remember that you are only allowed to have at least 500 calories per day during your P2.
Measuring your food serving on your HCG diet
To measure your food serving you have to create a daily menu. Each menu items must have a corresponding amount of calories. Here is an example of meal planning for P2 of your HCG diet.
- 3.5 ounces of protein meal and weigh it raw (lean beef)
- 1 cup of vegetable (choose 1 kind of vegetable for one meal setting)
- 1 Grissini breadstick or you can also have Melba toast
- 1 fruit serving – 1 orange, 1 green apple, ¼ grapefruit or a handful of strawberries
Phase 2 of your HCG diet only allows two main meals. This is during lunch and dinner. You can only have coffee, tea or water for your breakfast. You can also space your 500 calories serving for the entire day. Divide your 500 calories and come up with 5 serving that has 100 calories each. This is a good way to avoid hunger in between meals. The main goal in your food preparation is to measure all your intake of calories for the entire day.
An example of a daily meal preparation for P2 of the HCG diet
- 2 cups of black coffee or tea (4 calories)
- 1 Melba toast or breadstick (12 calories—you can have this before your lunch)
- 3.5 ounces of protein choice (126 calories)
- 1 cup of vegetable (40 calories)
- 3.5 protein choice such as lean meat (122 calories)
- 1 fruit serving such as orange (87 calories)
- 1 cup of spinach (48 calories)
- 1 Melba toast or breadstick (12 calories)
Adding flavor and storing your meal during P2 of the HCG diet
You can only have fresh herbs for your food flavorings. You are not allowed to have processed food ingredients during your Phase 2. Lemonade is a good choice in preparing a marinade lean meat. Stevia and lemonade as well can give natural flavor to your water.
Prepare your meal in advance. You can keep it in your refrigerator. Do not add food preservatives to avoid weight gain. Meal preparation will help you save more time in cooking.