Eating habits can affect your weight at any cost. Habits are tough to change especially if you are comfortable with it. However, one of the easiest ways to lose weight is by changing your bad habits. Changing your eating habits means that you have to change how you eat and the food items that you will be eating. It will give you ease in achieving your weight loss goals.
On the HCG diet you have changed your food portions, your beverage choices, and the time you eat. Everything that you will do reflects on the result of your HCG diet. Changing your habits is important to reach success on Phase 2 of the HCG diet. Make sure that you track down every detail and possible causes of weight gain to be able to avoid them.
Five eating habits that can help during Phase 2 of the HCG diet
- Healthy Drink choices– Follow the strict compliance drinks that are allowed during Phase 2 of the HCG diet. Choose the drinks with zero to low calories to help in weight loss. On the HCG diet, you are allowed to drink water and unsweetened tea and coffee. On the modern approach of HCG diet Phase 2 you can add carbonated water on your list. By cutting out calories from drinks such as beer, wine, and juices you will be able to lessen your caloric intake.
- Eating dinner on time- Eat your meal on time especially during dinner. You have to have it in 4 to 5 hours before you sleep. Avoid eating foods an hour before sleeping because it can affect digestion. It can also cause weight gain due to an effect where your body’s organs and muscles are at peak efficiency and it slows down at night. Load more on fibers and protein to stay full longer to avoid midnight snacking.
- Consume the HCG diet-approved foods- The HCG diet-approved foods are carefully selected to help you lose weight. All the approved foods for your VLCD do not interfere with the work of HCG in your body. Focus on loading whole fruits, lean protein, and vegetables. Avoid eating desserts such as pizza, cookies, cake, and deep-fried foods. You can eat fresh fruits instead of having the regular desserts that you have before.
- Be mindful when you eat– Mindfulness is a key to proper food loading. It makes you aware of every bite that you have and so as the number of foods you consume. Mindful eating helps get the right portion of foods for each mealtime. Consider also preparing healthy snacks and foods ahead of time to be able to avoid prolonged hunger.
- Bring a grocery list- Provide a list of foods and other items before going to the grocery store. Make sure that you are not hungry or tired when running errands to avoid dining on restaurants and food stalls. Pick out your chosen foods, and stick to these foods every time you shop. Purchase enough foods for the entire week’s duration to save money.