Carbs are biomolecules that are important for the growth of an organism. It has several rules such as the supplication of your energy every day. The two types of carbs are simple and complex carbs. Simple carbohydrates are a rapid source of energy. These are commonly found in foods such as bread and sugar. The complex carbs, on the other hand, is considered as a healthy carb compared to the simple carbohydrates. Most of it contains fiber, minerals and other nutrients that are needed by your body.
Carbs are filling and but it does not help you in weight loss. These are not allowed during the HCG diet because it will lead to rapid storing of fats in various parts of your body. You are not allowed to eat any amount or form of carbohydrate and sugar, especially during the VLCD. This is because of its high level of calorie. However, you can introduce back carbs and other food options after your HCG diet or during the weight-loss maintenance.
The composition of carbohydrates
Carbohydrates have fiber, sugar and starch. Carbohydrates refuel your body so that you can be able to be productive and have energy in doing your daily activities. If you see the food labels you will see some starch and sugar as an ingredient. Starch and sugar can be bad when it is too much. It has effects on your weight.
Good carbs or guilt-free carbs for P4 of the HCG diet
These are known as good carbs which is beneficial for health. It supports your body as it maintains health and healthy weight loss. Choose the healthiest foods no matter how much the carbs content is. Categorize the carbs either it is good or bad carbs. Guilt-free carbohydrates are the foods that are natural and have fewer ingredients than those that are commonly bought in the market. It is called guilt-free because you can safely eat it without worrying about weight gain or other complications.
Foods that have good carbs after the HCG diet
- Oatmeal, yams, brown rice and sweet potatoes
- Multigrain hot cereal and whole wheat bread
- Beans, lentils and cream of rice hot cereal
- Quinoa, couscous and pumpkin
- Butternut squash and fresh beets
- Cantaloupe, bananas and peaches
- Pineapple, blackberries and plums
- Pears, acai berries and mango
- Salad greens, tomatoes and mushrooms
- Cucumbers, zucchini and carrots
- Green beans, peas and cauliflower
The weight loss maintenance or P4 of the HCG diet
Phase 4 of the HCG diet is the time where you are free to eat foods. This is because you have already reached your weight loss goal and there is no need to restrict your food options. However, it is better to continue to eat healthy foods and portion your meal to be able to maintain a healthy weight. This allows carbohydrates but only those clean carbs are allowed. Study the kinds of carbs to help you keep the weight loss. There are starchy carbs and starchy-clean carbs. Make sure to have the guilt-free foods during this phase.
The important things to do in the first 3 days of P4 of the HCG diet
- Eat real foods without gaining weight- This only means that you will introduce low-calorie foods back. Maintain a proper portion of calories in your food. Do not go beyond the border of being “healthy”.
- Avoid having too much sugar- Avoid sugar in any form or amount especially the sugar in flavored drinks. Too much sugar causes diabetes, and risk in heart health. These are also the main contributor to obesity. You are allowed to have sugar in a controlled portion. Too much of it is not healthy anymore and may ruin your weight loss.
- Avoid fats such as hydrogenated oils- Hydrogenated oils are the product of hydrogenation. This kind of fat will sabotage your weight loss. Stay away from any kind of fats and oils such as oily creams and deep-fried foods. Hydrogenated oils are used to preserve processed foods. It will not just lead you to gain weight but it also blocks your blood vessels.
- Restrict your calorie intake- This means that you have to be watchful and focus on every intake of foods. Maintaining your weight loss is not possible if you go back to eating on foods that have high levels of calories. Be careful with food portioning. Make sure to meet all the nutritional requirements of your body.
- Eat whole food choices – These food choices does not add too much fats in your body. It can help in lowering your body cholesterol level. Fiber is not transformed as body fat instead it will just flow out of your body. Whole food choices are the green leafy vegetables and other freshly picked products. It helps in maintaining fullness. It is an important component in every cell of your body.
Important tips you can do even after the HCG diet
- Lower your stress levels- Emotional eating is caused by stress. It will not stop unless you eat unhealthy foods. Do not prolong stress to avoid the driving up of hormones that cause weight gain. You have to deal with stress with healthy steps such as relaxation and sleeping. Avoid eating foods when you are stressed because it may lead to unhealthy loading.
- Be mindful in eating- Be aware of your thoughts, emotions, and senses while you eat. Do not eat food while you are emotionally stressed because it will lead you to find comfort through eating. Focus on eating so that you can easily detect when you are already full.
- Do not skip your meal– Skipping meals does not help in weight loss. It will just cause nutritional deficiency. Skipping meals affects the work of HCG in your body. It will also delay your weight loss and may cause diseases.
- Stay hydrated-It keeps your stomach full and also helps in maintaining muscle health. Hydration is important to maintain your weight loss. It takes off extra calories from the foods you eat. Water can flush out body waste and toxins and helps you to lose weight even more. Drink adequate amount of water every day.