A healthy and balanced diet will aid the HCG in your weight loss. You will know which food to avoid and which can help with your health. It is best if you avoid the calorie-dense foods during your HCG diet. You have to be familiar with your diet protocol before starting. It will help you avoid slips and failures when you start the HCG diet.
The foods that you must avoid on the HCG diet
- Sugary beverages– Soda, sports drink, juices, flavored water, alcohol are not allowed during the HCG diet. This is because they are dense in liquid calories that will add your weight. Consuming these kinds of beverage will not help you reach your weight loss goal.
- Baked foods- Cookies, pastries, cake, and dessert are very high in sugar. It has fructose and starch. Fructose can increase your possibility of getting hungry during your HCG diet. Baked foods are also high in trans-fat which cause a high risk to obesity.
- Fried foods– Fried meats and potato fries are generally high in calories. These are loaded with unhealthy fats. This will cause to a rapid storing of unhealthy fats in different parts of your body.
- Bread and burgers- Bread is high in carbs which is not good during your weight loss. Burgers are also high in fats and calories. This will increase your risk of obesity. It will also affect your weight loss during your HCG diet.
- White rice- White rice is low in protein and fiber. It has a high glycemic index that causes a spike in your blood sugar levels. White rice is not allowed during your HCG diet because it can add your weight.
- Sweetened yogurt– These are low in fat but high in sugar content. Sweetened yogurt is not allowed because it can affect your digestion and the work of HCG in your weight loss.
- Processed meat– Dried, smoked, fermented and other kinds of preserve meat are harmful during your HCG diet. These are loaded with food chemicals that can stop your HCG from burning your fats. Stay away from salami, ham, hotdog, bacon, and jerky.
- Dried fruits– freshly picked fruits and vegetables are healthy food choices. However, dried fruits can affect your weight loss because it has an added sugar on it. It also contains preservatives and flavorings which is not good during your HCG diet.
- Canned vegetables- canned vegetables are considered processed foods. This is because it has added preservatives and other industrial food ingredients that can sabotage the HCG. Choose the freshly picked and whole food choices for your HCG diet.